Aejaz Dar joined YCH in 2016 after having practiced law at large law firms and then as a wealth strategist with a multi-family office. With that background, Aejaz (pronounced, “Eh-Jazz”) has experience with a wide variety of trusts and estates matters, from traditional estate planning to sophisticated transfer and income tax planning, as well as post-mortem administration and fiduciary litigation. In addition, because of his time at the multi-family office in particular, he has an appreciation and understanding for how a client’s other advisors can work together to best serve the client’s personal and business planning needs.
Like many others, Aejaz is a transplant in Northern Virginia. As a long-suffering Cleveland sports fan, he used to be able to empathize though with local sports fans, and the heartbreak of Washington sports made him feel right at home.
Aejaz is admitted to more state bars than anyone else in the office.
Aejaz is adept at assisting with the following types of matters:
- the design and preparation of estate plans
- the transfer of interests in family businesses and family-controlled entities
- the administration of trusts and estates
- the preparation of gift and estate tax returns
- NY 2005 (inactive)
- MO 2009 (inactive)
- KS 2010 (inactive)
- OH 2013 (inactive)
- VA 2017
- University of Michigan (Phi Beta Kappa), B.A., 2000
- NYU School of Law, J.D., 2004